John Lewis is a British insurance company that has been in the business for over 150 years. The company is known for delivering quality insurance products at affordable rates with an unrivalled level of customer service. All the products provided by the company have been carefully designed to ensure that you get everything you would expect from the firm.
When it comes to car insurance products, John Lewis includes some benefits and features that do not usually come as standard policies such as:
- Up to 75% No Claims Discount for any careful driver
- A replacement car for a maximum of 21 days if your car is stolen, damaged, or written off.
- If a customer involves in an accident, the company, they can claim back maximum of £50 in fares to continue with their journey.
- 90 days every year free Europe cover
Why you should choose John Lewis Car Insurance
There are so many reasons why you should choose John Lewis Car insurance over other insurance providers. These include.
- They offer a miss-fuelling cover which covers a full drain-out as well as 10 litters of refuelling if you mistakenly choose the wrong fuel pump.
- They have uninsured driver protection that will protect you if you get into an accident that is not your fault and the driver responsible is uninsured. In this case, your no claims bonus will not be affected and you will not have to pay your excess.
- The company has a call centre that can assist you at any time of the day whenever you need help. The customer service team comprises of friendly, experts that will come to your rescue whenever you need them.
- You will receive a courtesy car so you can carry on your life as normal even after your original car gets into an accident.
- If you have a Green Card, John Lewis Car insurance will cover you whenever you are in Europe for a maximum of 90 days per year.
- John Lewis Car insurance will pay up to £500 as onward travel cover, which is usually towards travel or hotel so you can finish your journey in the event of an accident.
The company also offers some valuable optional extras to ensure you receive maximum protection whenever you are. The optional extras include:
- Legal protection: Choosing this extra will mean that the company ensures you get the best legal counsel any time of the day or night in case of an accident. The cover will provide you with up to £100,000 legal fees cover provided you have contact details of the person that caused the accident and the legal team believes that your chance of achieving positive outcome exceeds 50%. The protection will also help seek compensation due to a road accident that you are not responsible for, and the financial losses that are not covered by your car insurance, including loss of earnings, recovery of your policy excess from the third party, and cost of alternative means of travel. Lastly, you will get cover for the cost you incur for defending against road offences related to the use of your car on your policy.
- Car Breakdown cover featuring four levels provided by RAC, so can get back on the road and continue your journey whenever there is an accident. The four-level car breakdown covers are:
- Roadside: You receive roadside assistance anywhere in the UK, any time, and any day provided you are a quarter a mile from home.
- Roadside and recovery: The Company will help transport your car as well as you and up to seven other passengers to any destination provided it is within 10 miles.
- At Home: This cover includes a cover for breakdowns within a quarter a mile from your home.
- European Assistance: Provides all At Home and Roadside cover as well as cover for breakdowns in up to 48 countries including their offshore islands in Europe.
- Protected No Claims Discount
John Lewis Car Insurance
The John Lewis Car Insurance will cover you against responsibility for any loss if you injure other road users or damage their car or other property while operating your vehicle.
If you live in the United Kingdom and you are a driver, you must have car insurance, while the minimum legal requirement is third party insurance.
Types of Car Insurance cover provided by John Lewis
1. Third-Party Insurance
This is the main product offered by John Lewis car insurance and it covers you against any loss if you injure someone, damages their car, or other property while driving. The cover, however, won’t cover repair costs of your car. Apart from the third party damage, the policy also covers theft and fire, which means you, can submit a claim in case your vehicle is damaged or destroyed due to fire, theft or attempted theft. You can buy a comprehensive policy which will cover damages to your vehicle, including windscreens, alongside all the other covers included in the third party, theft, and fire cover.
2. Personal Accident
This cover will protect you or your spouse/civil partner in the event of serious injury while you are driving any car, up to £10,000 as standard. The cover also protects any passenger who is getting into, travelling in, or getting out of the car provided there is a passenger seat in the car for that person.
3. Audio or Sat Nav Equipment
This policy provides unlimited cover against damage to any in-car equipment if it came with the vehicle from the manufacturer, and a maximum of £750 for any equipment that was not fitted by the manufacturer.
Windscreens are protected under the comprehensive policy for broken, damaged windscreens and car windows. If you claim compensation for your windscreen, your No Claims Discount won’t be affected.
5. Courtesy Car
Unlike other insurance companies, John Lewis car insurance provides a courtesy car even when your car is stolen, not recovered as well as when your car is written off. The courtesy car is provided for up to 30 days if your vehicle is not recovered or is written off.